Advent Tree Competition Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your interest in Hamilton & Inches' Advent Tree Competition in partnership with The Balmoral. These terms and conditions govern the relationship between you and Hamilton & Inches Limited relating to the competition. Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before participating. Before participating in the competition you will be asked to agree to these Terms. By participating in the competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
1. The promoter of the competition is Hamilton & Inches Ltd, a company registered in Scotland, whose company registration number is SC041917 and whose registered office is at 16 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh, EH2 4DF. Hamilton & Inches’ main trading address is 87 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3EY. Hamilton & Inches’ registered VAT number is 717 0677 30.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except employees of Hamilton & Inches Ltd or The Balmoral Hotel Edinburgh Limited and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisations or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition is via https://www.hamiltonandinches.com/timeline/
6. Details of how to enter the competition are via https://www.hamiltonandinches.com/blog/hamilton-inches-advent-tree-at-the-balmoral - as well as on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
7. Only one entry will be accepted per person, per day. Multiple entries from the same person on the same day will all be disqualified.
8. Daily competitions will take place over 24 consecutive days, starting on 1 December 2016, and each daily competition will have its unique prize. Entries for each day’s competition must be submitted between 00:00 and 23:59 on their respective days. The closing date for the final entry will be 23:59 on 24 December 2016. No further entries to the competition will be permitted outside these hours on a daily basis, or after the final entry date and time.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
10. How to enter:
a. Scroll Hamilton & Inches’ timeline (https://www.hamiltonandinches.com/timeline/), searching for a box marked with the current day of Advent
(e.g. click on box number ‘1’ on the 1 December 2016, box number ‘2’ on 2 December etc)
b. To answer the question click the ‘share your story’ button
c. Fill out the form with your details, and your answer in the ‘your story’ box
d. Click the ‘submit story’ button
e. You will be emailed if you have been successful with your entry
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
12. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any winner by any third party connected with this competition, or for any changes in published prizes.
13. The prizes are as follows:
a. Exclusive invitation for two people to Hamilton & Inches Sparkling Christmas Party on 6 December;
b. Hamilton & Inches hand-crafted heart link and chain;
c. Watch valet and meet our watch technician;
d. Patek Philippe silk tie and scarf;
e. Bottle of Jonny Walker Gold Label Whisky and a set of four Johnnie Walker rocks glasses;
f. Hamilton & Inches luckenbooth charm and bracelet;
g. Celebratory champagne prize;
h. Hamilton & Inches celtic knot kilt pin and cufflinks;
i. Cocktail tasting at The Balmoral Bar for two people;
j. Hamilton & Inches Donut Pendant and Donut Earrings;
k. Whisky Journey at Scotch for two people;
l. Kathrine Pelosi beaded bracelet and silver earrings;
m. Spa Day for two including access and 55 minute treatments at The Balmoral;
n. Hamilton & Inches 40" oval chain link necklace;
o. Champagne afternoon tea for two at The Balmoral;
p. Champagne tour of the Hamilton & Inches workshops;
q. Spa Membership for one month for two people at The Balmoral;
r. Personalised Hamilton & Inches tumble cup with initials engraving and the chance to meet the engraver;
s. Dinner at Hadrian's Brasserie (3 courses and one bottle of wine);
t. £250 voucher to spend at Hamilton & Inches;
u. Dinner at Number One (3 course a la carte with matching wines);
v. Hand-crafted Hamilton & Inches Andy Scott miniature Rook and signed copy of world-renowned 'Kelpies' sculptor Andy Scott's book;
w. Overnight accommodation in an Executive Room (dates subject to availability);
x. Exclusive Dinner for 6 people in the Hamilton & Inches showroom prepared and cooked by Number One's Executive Chef Jeff Bland (dates subject to availability).
14. The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
15. Hamilton & Inches Ltd will judge the competition and decide on the winner each day from all complete entries via https://www.hamiltonandinches.com/timeline/
16. The decision made by Hamilton & Inches Ltd as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
17. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the competition’s final closing date, 23:59 on 24 December 2016. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
18. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected or delivered.
19. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Scottish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
21. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
22. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
24. Hamilton & Inches shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage https://www.hamiltonandinches.com/about-us/advent-tree-competition